Welcome to Developing the Trust: Joining the Dots, a series of Podcasts in which Tim sets out to explore ways in which those providing professional services across the academy sector are able to assist their school clients secure funding, attract inward investment and ensure that schools maximise their existing resources to best effect.
Whether the trust is looking for legal advice to expands their Trust or navigate complexities for land disposal or accountancy and banking advice on how to optimise their budgets, Tim has sought out advice from those best placed to provide it
Running throughout the series, is the theme of continuous improvement and how lessons learned can be shared collaboratively, so that future waves of academy convertors can benefit and be better prepared for operational life under market conditions.
One aim of the series is gain commitment from those hand-picked sector leaders, to contribute to a pilot scheme to set a new standard in due diligence best practice. Watch this space.
- In this episode Tim Warneford travels to Wiltshire to speak to Powerful Allies Chairman, James Robson, about the risks posed to academy schools for energy procurement in an un-regulated market place.Listen »
- The hot topic of conversation across the sector is the recent update from the ESFA, revealing that the much awaited publication of the 2021-22 round of Condition Improvement Fund (CIF) awards, have been postponed until ‘mid-June’. This episode looks at the impact of the delay, why CIF bids fail and how to ensure your CIF submission stands the best chance of success.Listen »
- On this episode Tim talks to Harvey Sinclair, a technology entrepreneur and CEO of E Energy PLC about the fast-moving world of lighting and also electrified heating discussing how schools can save energy and indeed costs by changing their electrics.Listen »
- Tim Warneford is in Alton, Hampshire, with Steve Bolt, director of BCR Associates, a cost management consultancy that support clients – including academies - to increase efficiency, manage risk, ensure compliance and rationalise procurement costs. Tim and Steve are also working on a collaboration with Lloyds Bank education team to support academy trusts seeking to assist academy trust to optimise resources and maximise potential.Listen »
- Tim Warneford is once again out and about now lockdown is easing – travelling and recording with all social distancing in mind of course - to speak to Kevin Yardley at The Generations Multi Academy Trust. Kevin is director of income generation and his role is to ensure the estates facilities yield substantial revenue streams through optimising letting opportunities and via external partnerships.Listen »
- For this episode Tim Warneford is in Bedfordshire to speak to Jeremy Pilgrim from School Property Matters who are independent experts in pupil capacity and have worked with over 2500 schools so far.Listen »
13. Graham Fitzgerald, General Practice and Audit Director at Baldwin Accountants, Baldwin AccountantsThis week Tim Warneford is in Stockton-on-Tees to speak to Graham Fitzgerald, general practice and audit director at Baldwin Accountants. As well as dealing with commercial organisations, Graham specialises in the education sector, providing audit and advisory services and working with over forty academy schools including an increasing number of multi academy trusts. Listen »
- Tim Warneford is in London's West End with Lara Harvard and Zoe Forbes from Ecosphere and Gareth Williams from Eden Sustainable talking about how schools and academy trusts can both save money and also be much greener by installing better energy systemsListen »
- Tim Warneford is in Windsor to speak to Chris Rose, Director, Karadoo Finance, Donate My School, a company that launched in 2018 with the function of creating and running crowdfunding campaigns for schools.Listen »
- Tim Warneford is in Alton, Hampshire, talking to Janice Finnimore, Schools Business Manager for Eggers Secondary School, about the challenges and lessons learned from being an early converter to a stand-alone academy and why Janice feels that being a stand-alone academy can offer a lot of benefit.Listen »
- In this episode Tim Warneford is in Bath, where he is talking to Joanne Burton and Ciara Campfield of solicitors, Stone King, a law firm that has supported over 400 schools nationally who have converted to academy status.Listen »
- On this episode of Developing the Trust, joining the dots in the academy sector, Tim Warneford is in Ampthill in Bedfordshire to speak to Darren Rice, Health and safety consultant from MAC consulting.Listen »
- On this episode of Developing the Trust, the podcast dedicated to the schools academy sector, Tim Warneford is in a school in Batley to speak to Tracy Jackson, finance business consultant, about her experience of many conversions.Listen »
- For this episode Tim Warneford travels to Bristol to speak to lawyers Jaime Hobday and Robin Rajanah from leading academy sector solicitors, VWV about their experience in supporting schools and academies and also their vision for the future of the sector.Listen »
- For this episode Tim Warneford speaks online via Skype to Julie Cordiner, Independent Education Funding Consultant about her work in education finance for schools and academies, the successes and the struggles of the schools academies sector and her passion for education.Listen »
4. Ian Buss, Former Lloyds Banking Group Head of Education, now Director of Education Banking ConsultancyThis week Tim is in central London to talk to Ian Buss, Former Lloyds Banking Group Head of Education and now Director of Education Banking Consultancy about the success of Lloyds in their supports of MATS and academies and Ian's aims to help further maximise MATs and academies funding.Listen »
- This week Tim travels to Daventry, to speak to Tom Kerr, sales director of Langley Waterproofing Systems, a company that assess and supply roofs to many public bodies in social housing, MoD and indeed in education including schools.Listen »
- This week Tim travels to Woodford to the offices of Chris James, a Senior Accountant at Alan Patient & Co a London firm providing accountancy services to schools across the UK.Listen »
- This week Tim travels to Coventry to speak to Bethan Cullen, Commercial Director of the Institute of School Business Leadership - the first port of call for academy schools looking for best practice.Listen »
- Welcome to the Developing the Trust, Podcast, the podcast on which we open up the lines of communication between key players in the School's Academy Sector. On this introductory episode host Tim Warneford, academy sector funding consultant, explains the aim and objectives of the series and what we can expect from the podcast and about some of the exciting episodes we have in store.Listen »